Friday, May 1, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday...


and not half bad, for having it at work. Yup, I have, as Mark likes to say, made another trip around the sun.
It's a beautiful, sunny day, I had lunch with a friend, one co-worker brought me a ginormous cookie as a gift, and another, a bottle of wine. At 4 p.m., I'm going to pop a cork and have my own Happy (Birthday) Hour. I got to wear a tiara to work and NO ONE minded!
I do think every woman should have a tiara. It goes along with that Scandinavian saying: "In every woman there is a queen. Speak to the queen and the queen will answer." Queens like tiaras. And it helps to make you feel beautiful, even if all you're wearing is a t-shirt and jeans. It makes you sit taller in your chair and accentuates your crown chakra. I also believe every woman ought to have a feather boa, but I won't go down that road...today.
I will say this...one day isn't nearly enough to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment