Friday, March 27, 2009

A Little Faith




On Wednesday, as is my habit, I was at the Pike Place Market before going to work. There I saw the most amazing and wonderful dog...her name is Faith. You may have seen her on "Oprah". She has no front legs and actually stands on her hind legs to walk. I couldn't believe it; I stopped and stared, then ran over as she was crossing the street.
She didn't care much for the bricks making up the pavement and struggled, so one of her human companions carried her across. As they got to the curb, I ran up and asked her name, if I could give her a treat. She looked tired and I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for her. I gave her the cookie from my pocket and left before I began crying...I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a sad story (just ask Sparky!).
I wish I had gotten a photo with my mobile phone, but even better for you, I've embedded the Oprah segment from YouTube. Watch it, and see if you don't start to tear up. It's beautiful, inspirational and sad, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment